You are here
Here are our top tips for saving water when washing your laundry:
- Try to use as many natural cleaning products and detergents as possible, these don’t contain any phosphates and don’t impact the environment negatively. There is a broad range of brands and products to choose from.
- Remember to change the filter on your washing machine regularly
- Most washing machines give you the option to choose load-sizes. Try to pick the right option to save water and energy with each load of laundry, or wait until you have a full load to start washing.
- When buying a new washing machine, compare models based on water and energy efficiency.
- When buying a new washing machine, consider buying a front-loading machine. The technology uses water more efficiently and keeps your clothes just as clean.
- Try to re-route your laundry water to the garden instead of to the sewer, this way you can keep your plants happy without using extra water.